Application Deadline: Not specified
About British American Tobacco (BAT) South Africa Marketing Internship: As a leading global business, we understand our impact, the importance of high standards of integrity and our evolving societal responsibilities.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our Business and operate in line with all applicable laws.
BAT South Africa is LOOKING FOR A HR Intern
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
FUNCTION: Human Resources
SALARY RANGE: Competitive Salary
LOCATION: Cape Town, South Africa
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
To support the HR Operations with HR Administrative services and serve to ensure an alignment between HR Strategy and the business unit and the delivery of appropriate people support functions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- The role will act as the link between the HRBP & the allocated functions, ensuring a high level of service excellence and support.
- Engage with and advise Line Managers regarding HR related practices, policies and procedures and enhancing the established business relationship.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate career development and succession planning processes for the allocated functions by:
- Preparing for and supporting the functional Talent Sop/TRM’s.
- Taking follow up actions as a result of Talent Sop
- Compiling resourcing needs based on Talent Sop
- Providing input to the consolidated functional Talent Sop
- Tracking action plans based on outcomes of Talent Sop
- Support the HRBP in facilitating the Performance Management processes (performance planning, monitoring and review) for allocated functions to enhance the performance culture.
- Support the HRBP in communicating, assisting and consulting with Line Managers regarding IR issues to ensure fair labour practices and positive morale.
- Coordinate and co-facilitate the management of the employee life cycle ensuring compliance with BAT policies and procedures.
- In consultation with Senior HRBP’s, assists in the development and implementation of strategies to embed HR common platforms and best practices that will ensure self-sufficiency in the local context.
- Participates fully as project member on identified HR projects for the Area.
- Org chart management and HC tracking
- Support the business’ Diversity and Inclusion pillar
- Provides administrative support to the HR Business partner on Employment Equity and BBBEE
- Provides administrative support to the HR Business partner on OD renewal processes, e.g. restructuring
- Provide administrative and coordination support to HRBP as required during preparation and implementation phase of various HR projects.
Who can Apply?
- Appropriate 3-years B-degree
- 1-2 years in HR administrator or relevant experience
- Experience in working with HR systems (SuccessFactor) will be an added advantage
- Fluent English language ability
- Sound knowledge of Human Resources Practices and procedures
- Business knowledge and an understanding of the impact of HR on other business functions
- Knowledge and experience of working with typical Operations functions
- Sound knowledge of appropriate labor legislation, e.g., Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Labor Relations Act, Employment Equity Act, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and being a ‘team player’ are essential.
- High level of attention to detail, thorough analytical skills, rational decision making, objectivity, planning and organizing.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies