30th September 2022.
Tell Me About City of Cape Town External Bursary:
Cape Town offers bursary opportunities to selected students each year. The financial support covers the cost of registration, examinations and class fees for their formal studies. The City is calling on interested residents in Cape Town who are registered at accredited academic institutions in South Africa to apply for these external bursaries.
Which Fields are Eligible?
Below is a list of the various field of studies within the 2023 City of Cape Town Scarce Skills List categories:
- Accounting (CA and Cost Management)
- Artisan Training
- Contract Management
- Data Science/Analytics (Statistics, Computer Science)
- Engineering (Various fields, including Industrial Engineering)
- Environmental (Specialists, including Air Pollution and Water Quality)
- Fleet Management
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Information Systems and Technology
- Legal (Various fields)
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Project Management
- Renewable Energy
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical Training/qualification in
- Electricity/Energy/Refrigeration/Electronic/Process control and Operations
- Transport Management
- Urban Design, Landscape, Planning, Surveying and Architecture
- Municipal Finance Management Act Minimum Competence qualification
- Public Accountability
What Type of Award is this?
Who can apply for City of Cape Town External Bursary?
The City of Cape Town invites applicants who meet the following requirements to apply:
- Applicants need to be South African citizens residing within the boundaries of Cape Town
- Applicants should possess their Grade 12 final / mid-year results with an average of 65% and above
- Applicants need to provide a copy of first, second or third year academic transcripts
- Applicants need to be registered for full-time study at an accredited tertiary institution and should be studying an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in one of the approved City of Cape Town scarce skills fields of study
Which Countries are Eligible?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of City of Cape Town External Bursary?
The bursaries also include capped allowances for study-aid; transport and meals. In some instances where a proven need exists, the City may also cover a capped residence allowance, funding permitting.
How to Apply for Program?
To apply, residents can download an application form https://www.capetown.gov.za/City-Connect/Apply/
Jobs-and-opportunities/apply-for-a-city-bursary or obtain the form from any City library or Walk-in Centre. Completed forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to any of the Walk-in Centres by Friday, 30 September 2022.