Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI): As part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme the Department of Education is inviting unemployed SA youth to apply for assistant positions at public and LSEN schools across all provinces.
Application Deadline: Unspecified
About the Award: The teachers assistant application is becoming increasingly popular. With unemployment soaring and young people finding it ever more difficult to find jobs in South Africa, the government launched several employment initiatives to address the problem. One of these was the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative, or PYEI, which sets out to create employment opportunities for teacher’s assistants.
The programme is currently in Phase III which concludes at the end of August 2022. Phase IV, initially scheduled to start on 26 September 2022, is now scheduled for February 2023. There is generally a 6-week pre-application period that gives applicants time to get their documentation sorted out and applications submitted.
BEEI APPLICATION OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE:
- Education Assistant – Curriculum
- Education Assistant – ICT/e-Cadres
- Education Assistant – Reading Champions
- General School Assistant – Child & Youth Care Worker
- General School Assistant – Handyman (no matric required)
- General School Assistant – Sports and Enrichment Agent (no matric required)
Matric required for all roles except the last two
Who Can Apply – BEEI Application 2022 for Unemployed SA Youth
The following people will be eligible to be appointed to these jobs:
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.
- You must be a South African resident with a valid RSA ID book or card or valid passport, or you must have a valid work permit;
- You must live no further than 5km from the school where you will be employed, unless you’ll be working at a farm school, when this will be extended to 30km.
- Only one person from any household can apply.
- You meet the requirements per category and subcategory of the position you’re applying for.
- You’ve attended all the training days and carried out all the work assigned to you.
- You are not currently employed.
- You’re not studying either part-time or full-time, or are participating in a learnership.
- You’re not currently receiving any government grants.
- You’re not currently receiving any salary, wage or stipend.
- You don’t have a criminal record.
- You weren’t unfairly advantaged by knowing any staff members at the school.
- You’ve attended and successfully completed all the compulsory training for the position and received the relevant certificates
STIPEND: R3817 per month (less 1% UIF contribution of R38)
CONTRACT PERIOD1 November – 31 March 2022
Applications for Phase II of the Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI):
Young people who want to apply for the government’s teacher’s assistant jobs have to log in on the SA Youth network website at https://sayouth.datafree.co/Home/Index/EN. It’s a zero-rate mobisite that applicants can access on their cell phones. Applicants who don’t have internet access can call 0800 727272, which is a toll-free number. You’ll need your
South African identity document, and you’ll also need your postal code so that the network can try to match your application with opportunities close to you.
- Go to SAYouth website
- Create an account by clicking on Join the Network and logging in with your details.
- Now a list of the available teacher’s assistant jobs in your area will be displayed. This will include the opportunity cards for the schools that are close to you because it’s important that you only apply at schools within a 5km radius of your home.
- Click the Read More button which will give you more details about the job.
- If you’re interested in the job, click the Apply Now button.
- Follow the prompts and provide all the requested information to complete your application.
Alternatively, you can:
- Go to https://sayouth.me/DBE and select your province
- Complete all the required fields
- Search for the school that is closest to you
- Check that all the information you’ve provided is correct, and click ‘Submit’
Leave a Reply