Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist
- We are looking to build up a pool of psychologists and psychiatrists to provide psychological assistance in emergencies to its employees.
- To provide psychological support to employees exposed to a critical incident
Job Description of Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist (Hybrid) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Depending on the incident and the ability to go on-site and the needs, the response may involve the following steps:
- First contact and psychoeducation through the phone.
- Defusing / debriefing sessions on site
- Full Intervention by phone (if no field visit)
- Individual follow-up by phone according to needs
- Reference to an external specialist in case of need for medication
- Reference to an external specialist in case of need for deeper support
- Alert management in case of employee or beneficiary is in danger
- Written report: qualitative and quantitative in respect of confidentiality
Requirements for Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist (Hybrid) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
- Degree in Clinical Psychology/Medical Doctor specialized in Psychiatry
- Must possess a valid registration with the relevant board/council
- Clinical psychologist/psychiatrist with skills in psychodynamics approach
- 5 years of experience as a psychotherapist
- Experience in psycho-trauma
- Experience in providing collective sessions and support through phone
Competences / Skills:
- Flexibility and availability to adapt to local and projects settings
- Confidentiality and neutrality
- Knowledge of the Hausa language is an advantage
- Length: duration of the intervention
- Frequency: punctual.
Remuneration for Consultant Psychologist / Psychiatrist (Hybrid) at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
8th August, 2022.
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.