Any foreigners other than diplomats wishing to come to Nigeria for the purpose of employment should apply for a Nigeria work visa in his current country of residence prior to travelling to Nigeria. This is how to apply for Nigeria work visa.
SUBJECT TO REGULARIZATION (STR)
The Nigeria work visa is officially known as Subject to Regularization visa. This type of visa is issued to non-Nigerians coming to engage in any of the following:
1. Working in private companies/establishments
2. Working in public companies/ government establishments
3. Non-profit organisations
4. Establishing private businesses.
The immigration authorities here called this type of visa STR (Subject to Regularization) because it is a system of controlling the influx of foreigners coming to take up employment that the citizens can engage in, thereby reduced unemployment.
Due to the fact that it is much difficult to meet the requirements or to obtain STR visa, it is not uncommon to see some foreign chief executive officers (CEO) of multi-national companies coming with business visas having multiple entries instead of STR visas.
STILL ON HOW TO APPLY FOR NIGERIA WORK VISA
Requirements for the issuance of Nigeria Subject to Regularization (STR) Visa:
1. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity.
2. Letter of employment/Acceptance of offer from your prospective employer.
3. Expatriate quota approval from the company or organisation employing you.
4. Curriculum vitae (CV)
5. All credentials used in applying for the job.
6. Two passports sized photographs.
7. Receipt of visa fees
8. Use the receipt number to download the visa application form called Form IMM/22.
After the collation of all the above-mentioned documents, you will fill in your details on Form IMM/22.
Submit them at the Nigeria Embassy /Consulate in your country of residence.
Please note the following:
1. All the required documents you’re submitting must come with a set of photocopies.
2. Submit well ahead of your travel to allow the immigration authority to take a decision on the visa.
3. If the STR visa is approved you will receive a sealed large envelope addressed to the Comptroller General of Nigeria Immigration Service (CGIS). Do not open it, and do not put it in your luggage when travelling to Nigeria. The envelope must be presented to the immigration officer at the point of entry for confirmation.
On entry, you will use the documents in the envelope for the processing of your residence permit.
5. Your STR visa is valid for 3 months, afterwards, you’re to appear at the immigration headquarters for regularization of your status.
That’s all for now on How to apply for Nigeria work visa.
Nigeria business visa, all you need to know
Nigeria tourist visa all you need to know
NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE LONDON, UK