The University of Leeds is searching for candidates who want to conduct impactful research across Pure Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Statistics to participate in its School of Mathematics – Undergraduate UK Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023.
The University of Leeds has only organized this scholarship for UK national students. The applicants who apply for an undergraduate study programme at the School of Mathematics at Leeds are eligible and will be considered for the scholarship amount valued at a total of £12,000. The selection of winners will be based on personal circumstances.
In 1904, the University of Leeds was established and is now a public research university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, ranking 86th in the QS World University Rankings 2023. The University of Leeds provides a safe, supportive and welcoming environment.
Why choose to study at the University of Leeds? The University of Leeds strives to ensure that everyone within the University is treated fairly, with dignity and respect, and gets equal opportunities. Students at Leeds are part of a learning and working environment free from barriers such as age, disabilities, gender reassignment, race, religion, or belief.
Application Deadline: The applications are open. However, students must observe and follow the application deadline for the Bachelor’s programme they wish to apply for.
- University or Organization: University of Leeds
- Department: School of Mathematics
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: £12,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: UK national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Mathematics BSc, Mathematics MMath, BSc, Mathematics and Statistics BSc, Mathematics and Statistics MMath, BSc, Actuarial Mathematics BSc, Economics and Mathematics BSc, or Financial Mathematics BSc can be applied for at the School of Mathematics at the University of Leeds.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be students applying from the UK.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to apply for admission on the official online portal of the university. All eligible applicants will be considered automatically.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Description of the grading system at your home university
- Copy of the information page in your passport or ID card
- Transcript of records
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the academic entry requirements of the university as per the country they are applying from.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic or IELTS for UKVI (United Kingdom Visas and Immigration) (Academic) at 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test) at 87
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic or PTE Academic UKVI at 60
- Password Skills at 6.0
- LanguageCert International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) SELT (Secure English Language Test) B2
- Cambridge English qualification with at least 169 overall
- Trinity College London ISE (Integrated Skills in English) at a Pass in ISE II
- NCUK English Language Test at 6.0
- GCSE English Language or IGCSE English as a First or Second Language at C/4
- National 5 English at C
- IB (International Baccalaureate) English (standard or higher level) at 4
The successfully selected candidates will be awarded a scholarship worth £9,000 or £12,000, depending on the course length, according to £3,000 per year of study, by the University of Leeds.
Leave a Reply