When is Application Deadline?
13th October 2022
Tell Me About Award:
The Government of the Republic of Serbia is offering scholarships for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral programmes to the citizens of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) member countries, including South Africa, to study at the identified higher education institutions for the 2022/2023 academic year
NB: All levels of study will be taught in Serbian.
Fields of Study
Various fields of study – Please refer to the List of participating Universities in Serbia document for available courses.
What Type of Award is this?
Internship Fellowship Entrepreneurship
Who can apply?
– Citizen of a of a NAM member/observer state;
– Must be nominated by the South African Government through the Department of Higher Education and Training;
– Must be under the age of:
21 for first degree studies – Bachelor academic studies and Bachelor vocational studies;
25 for specialist vocational studies of first degree and for the second degree studies: Master’s degree academic studies, Master’s degree vocational studies, specialist academic studies;
35 for third degree studies – Doctoral academic studies.
– Applicants must hold:
academic/vocational studies completed over four years for Bachelor’s programme;
academic studies totalling:
60 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) credits – with a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 240 ECTS credits to enrol in a Master’s programme;
120 ECTS credits – with a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 180 ECTS credits to enrol in a Master’s programme.
appropriate diploma of higher education institution acquired in master academic/integrated academic studies with the scope of no less than 300 ECTS credits to enrol for a Doctoral programme.
a suitable diploma from a higher education institution with at least 180 ECTS credits to enrol in a Specialist/Master’s vocational programme;
– Must be in good command of English or Serbian language;
– All applicants must be in good health, and produce a medical certificate not older than 6 months, confirming that they have not contracted an infectious/contagious disease and a Negative HIV test.
Which Countries are Eligible?
How Many Positions will be Given?
What is the Benefit of Award?
The World in Serbia scholarship covers the following:
- Free Serbian language preparatory course (Serbian on-line course and Serbian language intensive course upon arrival in the Republic of Serbia);
- Tuition at basic academic or vocational studies, specialist vocational studies, master academic studies or doctoral studies;
- Monthly stipend to the value of 15.000,00 Serbian dinars (approximately R 2165.01);
- Student accommodation and food expenses;
- Compulsory health insurance (up to age of 26);
- Residence Visa; and
- Free verification of secondary and higher education.
The Department will provide support to successful awardees with travel costs to and from Serbia, as well as a settlement allowance.
How to Apply for Program?
Applicants must complete the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development Application form, attach the required supporting documents, and submit to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A complete application form with two selected study programmes
- A CV with a motivational letter;
- Certified copy of passport;
- Certified copies of all post-school qualification certificate;
- Certified copies of all post-school academic transcripts;
- English or Serbian Language proficiency certificate;
- Medical certificate not older than 6 months confirming that you do not suffer from an infectious/contagious disease; and
- A negative HIV test
All documents submitted must be clear and in PDF format (no photographs of documents will be accepted).
Note: after passing entrance exam and admission to a specific programme, scholarship holders will not be permitted to change the study programme