DAAD In-Country/In-Region 2022 Scholarships Within East Africa for Postgraduate African Students
Application Deadline: OPENING OCTOBER 2022
To be Taken at (Country): East African countries
About the Award: The objective of this scholarship programme is to promote the development of university teaching staff in universities and build capacity for staff in the public sector through postgraduate training in selected postgraduate study programmes at the institutions listed below.
This programme strongly encourages mobility of East Africans within the East Africa region. We therefore strongly recommend applicants to apply to institutions outside their home countries.
Eligibility: View in Links below
Postgraduate Programmes eligible for In-Country/ In-Region Scholarships in Eastern Africa, 2020/2021
- Computer Science and IT
- Engineering, Technology, Urban Planning, Environmental and Resources Management
- Health Sciences, Medicine, Psychology, Veterinary Medicine
- Mathematics, Economics
- Natural Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Earth Sciences, Natural Resources, Food Science)
- Social Sciences, Governance, Development, Education
Number of Awards: Numerous
Value of Award:
- University tuition fees
- research allowance
- monthly stipend
- travel allowance (where applicable)
- health insurance (where applicable)
- and the possibility of a study visit of up to 6 months to Germany within the period of the scholarship.
Duration of Award: Varying
How to Apply: Applicants should apply to the institution of their choice for both the admission and the DAAD scholarship, using the contacts and the procedure prescribed at the institution’s website. The institutions have set their own deadlines that need to be followed. All applicants will be notified about the outcome of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will get access to the DAAD Online Portal to finalize the scholarship application.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.