Travel to Comoros islands from Nigeria step by step guide is intended to show you how you can travel to the beautiful island country of the Comorian and have a hitch-free trip. And to emphasize that you can make it because it is a visa-free country for Nigeria.
WHERE IS COMOROS ISLANDS
Comoros Islands country with capital at Moroni is situated in the Mozambique channels, close to Madagascar and Mozambique. Comoros Islands is perfectly described by a brilliant writer as “Africa’s best-kept secret” and I cherished it. It’s a place worth visiting once in a lifetime.
Comoros Islands offers you the best of what nature can provide. An Island country with endless sunshine and an unpolluted atmosphere. A perfect destination for all lovers of nature. I will surely be there in due course.
The country consists of four islands. All are of volcanic origin from west to east. They are Grande Comore, Moheli, Anjouan, and Mayotte. Please note that the Island of Mayotte although part of Comoros but up till now administered by France.
HOW TO GET THERE
The only realistic way to travel to the Comoros Islands from Nigeria is by flight. There is a various airline operating flights to the beautiful Islands country.
You can choose from the following airlines which offers the best deal Ethiopian Airlines and Kenya Airways. Their prices range from €797 to €1012 round trip.
Some call it direct flight, however, do not be disappointed if they make a stopover somewhere. Please note some stopovers may entail a transit visa, therefore endeavour to ask the Airline before you travel to Comoros.
IS COMOROS A VISA-FREE COUNTRY FOR NIGERIA?
Fortunately yes, Comoros is a visa-free country for Nigeria, all you need is a visa on arrival at Moroni Prince Said Ibrahim International Airport.
However, been visa-free does not exclude you from having the universal travel requirements such as:
1. Your International passport with at least 6 months validity and unused visa pages.
2. Your return ticket.
3. Health insurance certificate.
4. Evidence of the basic travelling allowance sufficient to cover your entire stay in the country.
5. Police clearance certificate.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE DEPARTING FOR COMOROS
After obtaining your ticket and get set to travel to Comoros Islands, on the day of your departure please note the following:
1. Be early to the Airport before the Airline commences the check-in procedures.
2. Make sure you enter the queue instead of staying by the wayside.
3. As soon as you checked in your luggage and obtained the boarding pass move straight to the immigration departure counters, instead of engaging in frivolous activities by the wayside.
4. Avoid reaching the Immigration departure counters late. If you’re late in getting to the Immigration departure counters, often time be expecting long queues, a habit that is common with some passengers here.
5. Lateness to the Immigration departure counter and Airport security zone sometimes may lead to missing your flight. If you allow it to happen be expecting additional charges from the Airline and the Airport Authority.
STILL ON TRAVEL TO COMOROS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE.
ARRIVING COMOROS AIRPORT
When you arrived at the Comoros Airport, please note these important points before reaching the Immigration Arrival counters:
1. If you’re a first-time traveller be sure you did not travel with a piece of large luggage. Having many suitcases may send the wrong signal that you intend to stay for a long period in the country, and can lead to refused entry.
2. Be sure your passport, return ticket, basic travelling allowance (BTA), a health certificate is in your hand luggage, to avoid embarrassment in waiting for your suitcases.
3. When you’re in the immigration control area avoid making friends with strangers until you reach outside the airport.
4. Never help anyone in carrying anything no matter their condition it could be dangerous.
STEPPING OUT OF THE AIRPORT
After stepping out of the Airport and you want to depart the Airport for your destination, as you step out you will discover strangely that there is no public transportation between the Airport and the cities.
You have two options to leave the Airport which is about 20 kilometres from the Capital city.
1. Pre-arranged your pickup from the airport well in advance.
2. Walk away from the Airport and used the popular mode of transport here called a shared taxi. Easier if you speak some French. Better get used to shared taxi, because you will need them once in a while.
Furthermore, transportation between the islands is better done by boat due to constant flight delays.
If you don’t have a pre-arranged accommodation in Moroni or any other Islands, the best way to secure your ideal accommodation is to allow the accommodation professionals to search for you. Organisations such as booking.com, trivago.com, hometown.com/Comoros/Accommodation, hotel.com are always there to assist in your accommodation without disappointment.
THE CURRENCY OF COMORIAN
The currency of Comoros is called Comorian Franc. The best or the most popular Comorian Franc exchange rate is the US Dollar to Comorian Franc rate.
You can exchange your foreign currency for the Comorian Franc at most banks on the Islands or you’re free to patronise the Bureau the change where available.
THE LANGUAGE SPOKEN BY THE COMORIAN
There are three official languages spoken in the Comoros Islands namely, French, Comorian and Arabic. The easiest way to get by in Comoros Islands is to be able to speak French the colonialist’s language, while the majority of the local people speak Comorian as their first language. Few people speak Arabic it is used mainly as a religious language. English is not popular here only a few young people speak English. You may not find communication easy if you don’t learn how to speak French.
IS COMOROS SAFE FOR FOREIGNERS?
Besides natural disasters that can occur occasionally without much warning Comoros as a country is relatively safe for foreigners.
The violent crime that bedevilled some mainland Africans is on the low side in Comoros. Kidnapping, rape, arm robbery and terrorism are very low.
However, foreigners should avoid walking alone especially in remote areas and not to form late-night habits of patronising bars or nightclubs.
If you’re in doubt of a new place you’re visiting, endeavour to ask from those that understand the terrain before you set out. In order to enjoy the Comorian islands important, you conduct yourself like the locals.
COMOROS ‘S WEATHER
Comoros is blessed with a maritime tropical climate. The islands generally have two seasons yearly. Raining season starts from October to April. Between December and April Comoros experience heavy rain that makes movement very unpleasant to outsiders.
The dry season commences from May to September. That is the best time to visit for most people because you experience cooler and drier weather. The absence of rain makes the beaches lovely places to relax.
That’s all I can tell you for now on Travel to Comoros Islands from Nigeria step by step guide.
TRAVEL TO EGYPT FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
LIVING AND WORKING IN DENMARK
TRAVEL TO FIJI ISLANDS FROM NIGERIA STEP BY STEP GUIDE
HOW TO APPLY FOR AZERBAIJAN VISA FROM NIGERIA